In order to bake the perfect cake, you need to have all of the main ingredients!
Without flour, yeast, eggs, butter, milk, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda, you can’t really bake a cake (at least not one that people would enjoy)!
Similarly, if you don’t have the proper equipment and tech, you can’t professionally live stream online!
Grab a pen and a notebook because I’m about to give you a list of things you need to live video stream:
- A site that has a live streaming feature (i.e. Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitch, etc.)
- Broadcast cameras (Panasonic, Sony, Blackmagic, etc.)
- Tripods (Depends on the weight of the camera)
- Microphones (Shure, Audio-Technica, Rode, etc.)
- Audio/Video Mixer (Roland VR-3EX, Blackmagic Design ATEM Television Studio, etc.)
- Cables (XLR, USB, HDMI, audio and video cables, etc.)
- Streaming software (Game Capture, XSplit Gamecaster, Webcaster X1, Gameshow, etc.)
Now that you have all the ingredients, you just have to put them all together!
Wherever you are filming, make sure the view on the camera looks exactly how you want it to,
and that you have enough space for all of your equipment.
Secure your camera on a tripod, connect the camera to the AV mixer with a video cable, and connect the microphone to the AV
mixer with an XLR cable.
Then, load the streaming software on your computer and link your computer to the AV mixer. Test out the audio and camera transitions, connect the software to your streaming software, and click “record” or “go live” whenever you are ready!
Congratulations! You are now a live streaming master!
Just follow these simple steps and you will be on the right track.
Don’t forget to tune in every Wednesday for our live streaming tutorial videos and song covers!